Have you ever photographed a high contrast scene, only to find you have blown out highlights and flat shadows?
Try High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography to capture the scene as you saw it:
- Take several photographs with different exposures
- Merge the photos to HDR
- Adjust the image to get the style you want, from natural-looking to artistic
Are you taking real estate photos?
Learn how to get natural-looking real estate interiors with window views.
Photomatix Pro and Essentials are standalone programs running on Windows and Mac.
- A license costs $99 for Photomatix Pro and $39 for Photomatix Essentials.
- Photomatix Essentials focuses on simplicity and ease of use. Photomatix Pro offers more options and includes advanced features such as batch processing and selective deghosting.
- Photomatix Pro includes a Plugin for Lightroom. Photomatix Essentials includes a Plugin for Photoshop Elements.
Photomatix is by far the best HDR software out there, and I have tried them all!
Photomatix is too much fun!
I think I am averaging more than four hours a day using it.
I use Photomatix Pro every day in my architectural photography work. I could not live without it!
29-Jun-16: Photomatix Essentials upgraded to version 4.1.
8-Jun-16: Photomatix Pro upgraded to version 5.1.3.
2-Apr-16: The Spring 2016 HDR Challenge is now open: Accepting entries in the Realistic HDR and Creative HDR categories until the 30th of June.
31-Jan-16: Winners of the Fall 2015 HDR Challenge announced in the Realistic and Creative categories.
5-Sep-15: Photomatix Pro 5.1 released, adding a Favorite Preset feature, indoor photo enhancement, improvements to batch processing and more.
28-May-15: Photomatix Essentials now available as Plugin for Photoshop Elements.
30-Sep-14: Photomatix Essentials updated to version 4, adding realistic-looking Tone Mapping and Finishing Touch options among other updates. Photomatix Essentials is an easy-to-use program intended for photographers who are new to HDR.